McAfee is a known antivirus solution that comes preloaded on many devices, such as Windows, PCs, and laptops. The software comes with a 30 day free trial period once you are convinced with the services you can pay and continue using the antivirus. However, there is nothing like a compulsion to use the antivirus. For those consumers who wish to have a different antivirus, then you can download the other antivirus software and download the existing one. This will make sure that there are no conflicts when you install the preferred antivirus. Through this guide, you will get to learn the steps to uninstall the McAfee software and why there is a need to remove it. And these steps are important to be considered if you want a full removal of the software from the device or operating system you are using. So let’s begin to discuss!
Why there is a need to uninstall McAfee?
McAfee is a trusted software that is used across the globe. And there are many users who rely on this antivirus to keep their devices and safe and secured. However, sometimes there are needs when you need to uninstall the McAfee software. Well, this section explains all why you need to uninstall the software, here are the reasons for the same:
- Corrupted file downloaded from a 3RD party website.
- The device doesn’t support the McAfee antivirus version.
- The software is not updated.
- There are issues with the pre-downloaded software.
- The processor is becoming slow.
Point to remember: There are other circumstances wherein there is a need to delete or remove the McAfee software. Sometimes these reasons are unknown but the antivirus stops working for which you need to delete or uninstall the software.
What are the steps to uninstall McAfee?
There are steps that are easy to follow if you are uninstalling the McAfee from the PC. All you need to do to consider the steps:
- You have to type the settings in the search bar and tap on the “Settings app” option.
- Now, tap on the “Apps” option.
- You have to locate the McAfee in the list of installed programs and tap on the “Uninstall: option.
- When prompted on the screen, tap on the “Uninstall” again to confirm you wish to remove the software.
- Once the software is uninstalled, you need to restart the computer to see whether the software is uninstalled correctly or not.
- Follow the on-screen prompts that are popping on the screen to complete the process to Uninstall.
How to remove McAfee with the MCPR removal tool?
If you prefer to use the McAfee removal tool to remove the McAfee software then here are the steps to be considered:
- Download the MCPR tool from the McAfee website.
- You need to double-tap on the MCPR.exe to launch the app.
- Just tap on the “Yes. Continue” option.
- If a security warning pops up on the screen then tap on the “Run” option.
- The MCPR removal tool will then launch.
- Tap on the “Next” on the McAfee software removal screen.
- Click on the “Agree” on the End-user license agreement page.
- You have to type in the characters that are shown on the “Security validation” captcha and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Just wait for the tool to uninstall McAfee software.
- This will take a few minutes.
- The moment you receive the Removal complete message and tap on the “Restart” option.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Through this article, we hope that this article has provided you enough information for the topic in discussion wherein we have discussed the steps to How to uninstall McAfee? However, if you are facing the issues then you are recommended to visit the official website or you can visit mcafee.com/activate and get the related articles and blogs. If you visit the official website for customer assistance then you will get the assistance round the clock with a suitable set of solutions.